Monday 12 September 2016

One week to go...

Well it's just one week to go until I am officially a student nurse. 
Over the last couple of weeks I've been waiting for my NHS bursary to be approved and it finally was a few days ago. Althought it felt like it took forever, it didn't take the full 25 days like it could have done and luckily for me I didn't need to send any extra information in to them, like I have heard from a few of my fellow students.

I completed stage 1 of the registration process for Edge Hill on the 6th September and I have to go into Uni on the 15th to do stage 2. It is really starting to feel very real now, and I am about 50% excited and 50% nervous. 

It's like starting at a new school where you know nobody, but unlike when you were a kid and would make friends so easily, as an adult its very daunting. It's not so easy to make friends as it was at 3 or 4.
My daughter amazes me that she can just make friends wherever she goes, she has so much confidence that she can just say " Hi I'm Charlotte, Lets play"  
Maybe I will have to channel her a bit on those first few days to get to know people. 

I think part of it is that I'll be older than a lot of the others. It's my birthday on Saturday and I will be 28. I know that isn't really old but it feels it when people on out chat group are talking about going out and drinking. I would rather be home reading bedtime stories to C and watching Netflix with a cup of hot chocolate. 

Freshers week should be good fun, It's a mixture of information about the course, getting measured for uniform ( sorta dreading that as I weigh more than I would like too) and freshers fair where they will give us free stuff, information and the chance to join clubs.
We are in all day Monday then off on the Tuesday, I will blog about it as and when I can. 

I do hope that if anyone ever reads this that it helps them, and always feel free to ask me questions as I will help if i can :D


No comments:

Post a Comment