Saturday 27 August 2016

Timetable and a group chat.

The Timetable 

This is something that I have been waiting what feels like forever for, Unlike some of my fellow students who will have only got a definite place last week once results came out, I've had an unconditional place for months.  

So it feels like an eternity of waiting is finally over.... I have my first semester timetable and at first glance it looks a little complicated. 
Each day is split into morning and afternoon, and there are a variety of lectures, Directed study and personal study sessions.
Our cohort is a large intake, so it has been split into 8 smaller groups for most lectures.  Groups 1-4 will have sessions at the same time and 5-8 will also share sessions. These will be split again into smaller groups for study but we wont know about that until after we start.

I've been reading the timetable and trying to make heads or tails of it for a couple of days, and discussing it on a Facebook chat group that I was added too for other Student nurses.

I think I've finally got a rough idea of when I'll be in but I will need to wait until I start to find out what directed study is.

Our Facebook chat group 
Now I know some people don't like Facebook, and detest group chats as they can be fast moving and hard to follow, but I really enjoy them.

It's nice to get to know some of my fellow students and to share our excitement and worries.
I am a mature student, and at 28 years old (Well not yet but I will be when I start in uni) with a 3 year old child, the discussions about freshers and nights out drinking don't fill me with as much excitement as everyone else.

I realize this makes me sound old, So I will put my hands up and admit it, I do feel a lot older than some of the girls and guys in my chat group.  

This will be my second time at Uni, I've done the freshers thing.
I've lived in halls and drank stupid amounts, partied with friends and had hangovers.
I have lived in Liverpool my whole life and been out drinking in town more times than I can count so it just doesn't appeal to me.
Now I'm older I would rather go home after a long day in uni to give my little girl a cuddle, do some bedtime stories and relax. 

Of course I will go out with my course mate, get to know people etc but for me I can't wait to get stuck in and learn all I can.

This time in 3 weeks I'll be so nervous about starting but it will also be my birthday so that will help to distract me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment